Sign in with
Your question

Foxconn P35ax-s not reading keyboard on boot.

Last response: in Motherboards
December 14, 2008 10:19:03 AM

Hi i recently put together a new PC. with the following parts

Foxconn P35ax-s motherboard
Intel core duo E8400
Evga 8800gt
gigabyte superb 460w psu
giel black dragon 4gb ram
WD cavair 250gb HDD

im pretty sure ive isntalled all the components properly but when starting up the pc for the first time i come to a foxconn bios screen, press del to enter setup, f11 for boot menu etc and it stays on that screen not accepting any keyboard input, im kinda stuck as to what to do.
December 14, 2008 11:23:24 AM

tejel said:
Hi i recently put together a new PC. with the following parts

Foxconn P35ax-s motherboard
Intel core duo E8400
Evga 8800gt
gigabyte superb 460w psu
giel black dragon 4gb ram
WD cavair 250gb HDD

im pretty sure ive isntalled all the components properly but when starting up the pc for the first time i come to a foxconn bios screen, press del to enter setup, f11 for boot menu etc and it stays on that screen not accepting any keyboard input, im kinda stuck as to what to do.

I'm not familiar with Foxconn, but some MB BIOS do not automatically set the 'legacy usb' (or similar) to 'on by default' (or something similar). You did not mention keyboard, so I'm guessing a bit here. In any case, do you have an old PS2 keyboard lying around? Or access to one? If so, use it to get to BIOS, RTFM, and change the settings as per manual. If not, go to a pc bits store, radio shack or somesuch and get a USB to PS2 converter for keyboards. Then boot and do the above, (use it to get to BIOS, RTFM, and change the settings as per manual), save and power off PC. Remove converter, plug in keyboard to USB and reboot. Life should be good.

There's also the off-chance that a USB port is mis-wired or bad. Try a different port. Check your wiring, per manual. If you have two sets of USB ports, try one on the other controller.
December 14, 2008 1:12:45 PM

hi i tried with a ps/2 keyboard as well and its still not responding, ive tried reseting cmos and the same.
December 14, 2008 5:40:45 PM

Maybe a call to Foxconn support might be in order. The confusing bit (to me) is that it will accept keystrokes up to the menu screen, but then won't respond to input any more.
!