Inexperienced, but eager to learn!

Vaszune

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
I'm trying to build a game-oriented system, but I'm doing so with very little experience under my belt. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to overlook my setup and offer advice. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

(Might help if I add the link, right? Link)

chris312

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2007
I'm pretty sure Newegg allows you to save a bunch of items as a wishlist that you can link to. It's hard to see everything on that image.

Here's a 22" monitor that costs less than the 19" you chose.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009094
Don't worry about the 5ms latency vs the 2ms. I'm pretty sure 3ms is within the range that different manufacturers will report for the same panel.

I don't know a lot about which hard drives are better but I think that I heard Seagate's 7200.11 series is a bit faster than their older models. Maybe someone who knows more about hard drives can chime in on that though.

It looks pretty good, though. Good job!

Vaszune

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Does it look like everything is compatible? I was worried that the power supply was either stronger or weaker than it needs to be for this setup. Like I said, I'm not very experienced.

chris312

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2007
That power supply is perfect for your needs. It's definitely powerful enough with a bit of room to grow (graphics card upgrade..who knows what the cards of 2009 will require)

Unless you want a modular PSU in which case I would recommend the Corsair HX620, which I have. Rock solid - sometimes our power goes out for just a second during a storm or something and my comp doesn't even miss a beat.

Vaszune

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Awesome. I greatly appreciate all the feedback, guys. Hopefully I won't have any troubles piecing it together once it all arrives.