Sign in with
Your question

Why Fujitsu Receipt Printer no working ?

Last response: in Windows XP
January 25, 2011 1:28:57 PM

Installed Fujitsu receipt printer FP360 driver on a computer that is already running a Star receipt printer & HP Laser 1020 printer.

However test printing and normal print jobs sent to the Fujitsu printer are not working. There is a print queue shown but the printer is doing nothing.

The virtual port Fujitsu printer uses is virtual port USB003 - as detailed on the Printer & Faxes window.

The Star & HP Laser printers continue to work.

Can anyone shed any light with regards to the Fujitsu printer problem?

Is it a case of having too many printers in the computer? I say this because the Fujitsu printer works fine in another computer with only 1 existing printer - a HP Laser printer.
a b \ Driver
a b α HP
January 25, 2011 1:37:45 PM

Did you make the Fujitsu your default? Or did you change to that printer, before printing?

Double click on the Fujitsu printer, to open it's queue. Are there jobs in there? If yes, cancel them, and send a new print job.
m
l
January 25, 2011 1:42:42 PM

Yes I did default the Fujitsu printer and still the queue stays there. I also clear the queue and tried printing again but still not printout.

In fact test printing from the Properties at the printer icon results in nothing happening.

m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b α HP
January 25, 2011 1:46:04 PM

Are there any lights flashing on the printer? Is it turned on? Try turning it off, and back on.

Did you get the correct driver when you installed it?
m
l
January 25, 2011 1:50:50 PM

Thanks for your prompt response.

Driver is provided by Fujitsu, except it there is a MS prompt that it has not passed Windows logo testing. Is this critical?

Also do you think Administrator rights is needed for proper installation in XP Home. I used a non-Admin logon.
m
l
January 25, 2011 1:52:03 PM

> Are there any lights flashing on the printer? Is it turned on? Try turning it off, and back on.

Yes turned on; and I also tried switching it off and on again. No luck.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b α HP
January 25, 2011 2:00:34 PM

You'd need admin rights to install the port drivers. Odd that you did not get any messages about that. You'd probably need to uninstall the drivers and delete the ports before you re-install the printer under the admin account. There are many issues with USB printer drivers these days, they can be very picky. Also make sure you read the instructions, some will give you very specific times when you can plug the printer in.
m
l
January 25, 2011 2:13:03 PM

> You'd need admin rights to install the port drivers. Odd that you did not get any messages about that. You'd probably need to uninstall the drivers and delete the ports before you re-install the printer under the admin account.

How to delete the ports?
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b α HP
January 25, 2011 2:20:27 PM

Kenx said:
> You'd need admin rights to install the port drivers. Odd that you did not get any messages about that. You'd probably need to uninstall the drivers and delete the ports before you re-install the printer under the admin account.

How to delete the ports?

Device Manager, look for the printer in there, remove it (at this poing, don't reboot if it asks you to). Then go to add/remove programs and uninstall the drivers. Now reboot. It should clear out everything.
m
l
January 25, 2011 2:22:15 PM

I probably already used an Admin logon; it's a client computer so I thought it could be a user logon.

Is there a way to test and rectify the virtual usb port thing, like a small utility out there?
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b α HP
January 25, 2011 2:56:51 PM

You meant to set it up as a network printer, right? Or is it connected as a local printer?
m
l
January 28, 2011 6:23:58 AM

I just resolved the Fujitsu printer problem. It is a ridiculous printer because during every bootup, you need to initialize it using the OPOS driver, which provides 3 types of printers and 3 communication ports options to select. After that must click OK before the damn printer can print.

I regret buying it; good thing I manage to write a small utility based on their SDK to auto initialize the printer on every computer bootup.

Anyone heard of this kind of issue before?
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b α HP
January 30, 2011 10:51:28 PM

Kenx said:
I just resolved the Fujitsu printer problem. It is a ridiculous printer because during every bootup, you need to initialize it using the OPOS driver, which provides 3 types of printers and 3 communication ports options to select. After that must click OK before the damn printer can print.

I regret buying it; good thing I manage to write a small utility based on their SDK to auto initialize the printer on every computer bootup.

Anyone heard of this kind of issue before?

This may happen if you installed it as a non-admin account that did not have rights to edit the registry. Many of the software settings are placed in the registry, depending on how the setup is written, you won't see any warnings but it won't work.
m
l
February 1, 2011 7:25:18 AM

I did a re-check, yes I did use Admin logon to install printer. Still it did'nt print. Tried it on 2 other computers, same thing. Then I installed the optional OPOS driver and had to go the earlier said process in order to initialize the printer during every computer bootup before it can print.

OPOS is supposed to be an add-on, used to make receipt printers workable on old DOS based POS software. But I am using the printer on XP, so it should be no problem.

This just for the record so that other users will be careful about this brand.
m
l
!