internet explorer history problem

hi,

[I posted this message on another forum but realised that this forum
had some similar/related problems.....]

i have noticed than when i go to delete history (via Tools\Internet
Options) if i close and reopen IE the history still remains? i can
delete individual pages (and they stay deleted) but the normal method
doesn't always work

also certain website addresses appear in the address bar when i type
the first letter of their name - even when history + temp files have
been cleared -they appear to be fairly random (as to which names appear
and which don't).

Any ideas on either of these ?

tx

--
robjfinn
1 answer Last reply

    How to delete TIF and History completely:
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

    ....Alan
    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 21:21:31 +0000, robjfinn
    <robjfinn.1ut3pm@pcbanter.net> wrote:

    >hi,
    >
    >[I posted this message on another forum but realised that this forum
    >had some similar/related problems.....]
    >
    >i have noticed than when i go to delete history (via Tools\Internet
    >Options) if i close and reopen IE the history still remains? i can
    >delete individual pages (and they stay deleted) but the normal method
    >doesn't always work
    >
    >also certain website addresses appear in the address bar when i type
    >the first letter of their name - even when history + temp files have
    >been cleared -they appear to be fairly random (as to which names appear
    >and which don't).
    >
    >Any ideas on either of these ?
    >
    >tx

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP