internet explorer history problem

September 4, 2005 1:21:31 AM

hi,

[I posted this message on another forum but realised that this forum
had some similar/related problems.....]

i have noticed than when i go to delete history (via Tools\Internet
Options) if i close and reopen IE the history still remains? i can
delete individual pages (and they stay deleted) but the normal method
doesn't always work

also certain website addresses appear in the address bar when i type
the first letter of their name - even when history + temp files have
been cleared -they appear to be fairly random (as to which names appear
and which don't).

Any ideas on either of these ?

tx

--
robjfinn
Anonymous

How to delete TIF and History completely:
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems