Shaddox

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
The Sapphire has a higher mem speed, and if you look at the PCB you may notice the Sapphire uses solid state capacitors more generously than the ASUS, which gives it a better chance to last longer. That makes the Sapphire the better choice. On the other hand I really like to cooler on the ASUS since I have that cooler on my 3850. It's really quiet and cools pretty good.

Actually... The performance boost isn't that much noticeable IMO. It should be like 4FPS avg more being generous. So i wouldn't pay that premium if I were you.

On the other hand, that Sapphire has a Zalman VF900, wich is great for even more OC. I think that HSF is far better than the one from ASUS.

Anyway, i have this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102770

It's one hell of a card.

You can also check this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814261027

Esop!

Shaddox

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
Thanks for the reply guys, like most people cash is tight atm so we have to take out time on the parts we want to invest in.

As you guys can probably guess the main reason I like the two cards I posted is due to the 3rd party cooling that's on them more then anything else. I know about the heat that these cards can produce and the fan tweaks people have to do to get their cards to run cooler, so when I found these two cards were built with special aftermarket coolers I was really happy that companies like Sapphire decided on producing these products.

Dude, then get the Sapphire i posted for you.

I'm running it @680Mhz with no sweat. I'll be cranking up the memories later if it can handle it.

That TOXIC version, the only thing that makes me want to buy it, it's the Zalman, nothing else. Then again, the HSF from the other one is bad azz as well.

Esop!

EDIT: Spelling XD

That's a bad azz HSF too, wow.

That one looks like the VF700 from Zalman. The one in the TOXIC is the VF900... I don't know if there's too much of a difference, but meh, both look amazing.

Esop!

Shaddox

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008

Let us know how it works for ya'

TRENDING THREADS