Just a nickname

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
Hi,

I have finally received my cable and installed the HSF & memory on my mobo (P5B dlx).
I want to overclock my CPU (e6400) and memory. SO I was wondering what are the best stability test prime95, occt, everest?

Just a nickname

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
I must admit I've run the prime test w/o touching to any option. I tried to figure out how that stuff was working, searched the readme on the files/net, but I haven't find it and it's not like if I had the time for that ;(
Thank for propositions =)
I think I'll dl all of them and see which one I prefer.

I have a second question, but that's not in the topic subject. W/E what is the Tjunction tempeture I should be looking for? Some say that theres a difference of 5C between Tcase n Tjunction (higher tempeture). So if I reach a Tjunction of 65C, the Tcase should be 60c so I'm supposed to be safe... But am I?

SpidersWeb

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009

You start it, select Blend or Small FFT or Large FFT in the popup which comes up, then click Start.
It generates a worker for each core automatically. No setup required.

Just remember it runs in the background if you close the window. Always use 'Stop All Workers' from the menu.

+1 for Prime95.

SpidersWeb

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Tcase = CPU temp the motherboard reads
Tjunction = Core temp (shown in programs like RealTemp etc)

Tcase is often 3-5C lower than Tjunction however you shouldn't be pushing the processor to thermal limits anyway. Keep Tjunction well under 70C and you should be fine. Personally I prefer it in the low 60's (during a Prime95 Small FFT test, it wont actually get that hot in normal use).

flyin15sec

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
Personally, I use a combination of tests for Stability. However stability is a "Subjective" determination, so what is stable for one person may not be the same for another.

I use Prime95, Small FTT and Blend for extended time. I also use LinX, around 20 - 30 loops(max memory usage), I use 3Dmark Vantage, several runs to finish out my testing.

Well, that's what I get for runnung an older version. :)

Thanks.