New, speedy gaming rig freezing with vista ultimate...

Kades126

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
I was wondering if anyone could drop me some ideas on how to resolve my problem:

I built a new gaming rig about 4 months ago now and it has been a hectic battle against vista.
Specs:
-Intel Q9550
-Asus P5E3 premium mobo
-4gb OCZ ddr3
-150gb raptor primary
-500gb wd secondary
-XFX 9800 gtx black edition
-Sound blaster x-fi elite pro
-Vista ultimate 32bit
-1000w antec ps
-Not overclocked

The problem is that my system has been freezing a bit lately. By freezing, i mean just that, everything stops, mouse and all, there is no computer activity, so i am forced to reset. It hasnt happened alot, maybe about 8 times, but anymore than once leaves room for concern. It hasnt crashed without something there to cause it, so far the casues have been media, i.e. music, video and games. Ive installed vista about 4 times now because i just cant seen to get it right. I finally got everything working properly and my comp is up to date, still has plenty of hd space, is not 'clogged' in any way, all drivers are up to date, system is running cool enough with my zalman cnps9700, yet its still freezing. It occurs most when playing games, usually about 20-40 mins in. Its has also frozen once while listening to music and twice while watching **** in windows media player.

Im thinking it might have something to do with the creative sound card and their "yet to be perfect with vista" drivers. Im really not quite sure why its happening, when the system is running well below load, gets plenty of air intake and is a fairly fast machine.... :??:

Is there anything anyone can suggest or relate to, to offer some sort of assistance?
And please dont say to re install vista and all my drivers... The problem occured once before my current install, and with a few other things out of touch, i re-installed and still face the issue.

Is there no simple solution? Or should i switch back to xp and see how i go???

Here are some pics (Mainly to show off, lol :ange: )

my.php

my.php

CHHHHEEEEEEEEEERRRRSSS!!!!