Seems like the 260 GTX 216 SP did pretty well...in my opinion!

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
actually here the cheapest regular 260 GTX is around 295.99 and the 260 GTX 216 SP is around 314.99 :p

Soo meh!

@ sheila yes it is one game lol but look through the rest I only linked that 1 since its demanding:p

Kari

Splendid
well what did you expect? :) It's only one cluster and little bit of memory short of gtx280 anyways, so it should perform in between those two 'older' cards, and be priced accordingly. :p

xxcoop42xx

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008

actually i got my GTX 260 Core 216 from newegg for $300. its not the superclocked edition but yeah only 300 bucks!

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
I think its a pretty decent price. Although I was hoping that 2 260 GTXs in sli would beat the GX2 in quad not even tri does :(.

I would've gave back the 280 GTXs and bought those instead :p

IndigoMoss

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
Either way, it's still retarded naming. I seriously can't believe they did this crap again, after all the bs about them changing the naming scheme to help make sense of it all. Why can't both companies stick to decent naming schemes that aren't out to confuse the consumer? So far with the 3xxx and 4xxx series, ATI has been doing a great job, but I'm sure they will screw it up just like Nvidia.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
I miss the Xt Xl blah blah etc. It was much nicer keeping the card the same series, and adding a label at the end to tell you what it was oced to, or specs it has.

I liked the naming scheme lol. The idiot's Market thrived, and pp bought, and bought, and bought to make our prices cheaper:)

If you don't research you don't thrive.

P.S

I don't kno why but when ever I see XT after a card (prob cuz of the XT days 9800 :D..... excluding 2900) I think of raw power, #1 and freaking expensive:) lol

This is what they should have done to begin with. When people heard the yields on these chips were bad, it wasnt that they were bad, it was because they were too large, and only produced so many per wafer, thus making it a cost/profit issue, which it still is. nVidias margins are super thin/loss even with these cards. Thing is, they wont oc as fast as their 192 bretheren, but start out faster so = each other in the end. You could find 260 oceed editions equaling the 280 as well, but they all cost more. Given decent pricing, this is a good buy, at decent pricing. Its got my attention as the price performance is now finally getting to the 4870 level. These wont last long tho, as the 55 nm parts are due in a month or so. Im thinking nVidia will keep these prices low and eol them as the 55nm arrives