how can i tell if a motherboard is faulty..

djvibes2007

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
so ive just recently bought a abit p35 off limit dark radier off ebay, it said untested and used, no mention of the board been faulty. Im still waiting for my new case ready to build up my new pc, but im a little apprehensive putting my q6600, 8800gt and sound card in the board incase its faulty. ive looked closely at the board and the capacitors look normal, only one is slightly bent, other then that the board looks in very good condition.

So i basically want to know if there is a way to know if the board is faulty, could it take out my 8800gt and cpu if it is? also i have cleared the cmos jumpers, so im hoping when i get the case and put the mobo in im all set to go. i will also be overclocking the board, which is the reason i jumped from my p5n-e sli for this, if it all works at normal do i need to wait for the break in period of the thermal paste before overclocking? i will be using arctic cooling mx-2 with a ultra 120A and 120mm fan.

Many thanks in advance :bounce:

djvibes2007

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
will the cables from the psu stretch throug the case onto the mobo on a table? also what should i rest the mobo on, as its gonna get hot right

djvibes2007

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
also i guess i shouldnt be too worried, this isnt a MSI board. i was thinking of testing with the q6600 in, and maybe the onboard vga or something

TRENDING THREADS