SSL capable web browser for Tungsten T

January 12, 2005 9:24:48 AM

I'm trying to access my Tivo over the net using a Tungsten T. A SSL
reverse proxy app (orenosp) is providing security but, whilst i can
access it with IE or Mozilla, i get a security error with Web Pro on
my Palm Tunsten.

I've found someone with an identical setup who can access theirs using
a T3 but the T3 browser is not available for the T. I've asked them
to check that they can access my Tivo as well as their own.

In the meantime i'm looking for another web browser for OS5.0 but
there seem to be few about on the shareware sites. Eudora appears the
only one still 'live' but it requires a desktop install whereas i'm
looking for just a handheld app.
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 8:25:14 PM

On 12 Jan 2005 06:24:48 -0800, b33k34@hotmail.com (anthony james) wrote:

<snip>
>In the meantime i'm looking for another web browser for OS5.0 but
>there seem to be few about on the shareware sites. Eudora appears the
>only one still 'live' but it requires a desktop install whereas i'm
>looking for just a handheld app.

Xiino is available.. but does it ever have an ugly i/f!

Eudoraweb works OK and is faster over a slow connection, if text-only is
suitable, but no graphics. The desktop install is no big thing, and likely
is there because of the ability to sync Eudora Mail on the Palm with Eudora
Mail on the PC. Just install it on the PC, install the web browser, then
delete Eudora on the PC and you're set.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 6:21:02 AM

no.one@no.gov wrote in message news:<41f68068.3177625@news.individual.de>...
> On 12 Jan 2005 06:24:48 -0800, b33k34@hotmail.com (anthony james) wrote:
>
> Xiino is available.. but does it ever have an ugly i/f!

Is it? seemed to have died as far as i could tell

> Eudoraweb works OK and is faster over a slow connection, if text-only is
> suitable, but no graphics.

installed and OK but not great. formatting of the pages i was trying
to use was very poor.

I talked nicely to someone with a T3 and installed their browser which
solved the problem.
!