• LAN
  • Desktops
  • Games
  • Multiplayer
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
September 5, 2011 9:33:33 PM

Hii friends...
I have two desktops. Both are connected via a Ethernet switch. Both desktops are detecting each other. I can also share files from both the desktops. :)  But i cant play LAN games. :(  I'm making server from a desktop but other desktop not detecting it. Same case on both desktops. :cry:  Till now i have tried NFS most wanted v1.3 and willrock. I installed same version of games in both the pc but not working. :??:  Please help[ me guys... advance thanks.

More about : play multiplayer games lan

a b $ Windows 7
September 5, 2011 10:41:37 PM

Check that both Pc's are completely up to date. preform a windows update on both of them if you can.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
September 6, 2011 12:51:52 AM

They wouldn't be able to share files without a crossover
m
l
September 6, 2011 1:05:55 AM

He's connected into a switch, no need for cross cables.. and anyway he mentions that file sharing works..

Probably firewall on the "server" blocking the incoming trafic for the required ports that are used by the game... Disable the firewall.
m
l
September 6, 2011 1:28:38 AM

use gameranger. google it.
allows you to play games multiplayer over the web w/o any special cracks or hacks.
m
l
September 9, 2011 6:33:01 PM

i saw the windows firwall and also the antivirus firewall. both of them allowing the games. but still i'm unable to play game. i tried hard but all in vain. :( 
m
l
September 9, 2011 6:52:00 PM

You're behind two firewalls...good god, preparing for nuclear war? Anyhow, most times, from what I remember, forgive me, it's been ages, but playing over a LAN requires some sort of ip program...can't remember the name of it. Something like ipconfig or that. Although I'm almost positive this clunky system has been replaced by now, so disregard if relevent.
m
l
September 13, 2011 5:01:26 PM

^??? ipconfig is a cmd line tool. nothing to do with network gaming. itll give you your ip address and other info

jay, have you looked at game ranger?
gamer ranger will solve this.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 14, 2011 4:57:48 AM

MundoDragon said:
You're behind two firewalls...good god, preparing for nuclear war? Anyhow, most times, from what I remember, forgive me, it's been ages, but playing over a LAN requires some sort of ip program...can't remember the name of it. Something like ipconfig or that. Although I'm almost positive this clunky system has been replaced by now, so disregard if relevent.

Cool Story Bro.

Here buddie, I couldn't have you on this fourm telling people to download "Something like ipconfig or that" could I?

I don't mean to be cheeky... but here is what ipconfig actually is..
Link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipconfig

Maybe you meant a ip address related application which identified all network devices Ip's and was able to configure them so the devices that where connected to the network would not have connection/conflicting issues.

In saying this, even if such an application did exist it is still not relevant to the issue at hand, because the two users can file share.. therefore meaning the connection issue is not IP related at all. and that this issue is purely security related.

Cnet (Gameranger)
http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=GameRan...
(Info, Reviews, ect)

Gameranger:
www.gameranger.com
m
l
September 14, 2011 1:31:09 PM

^+1 well said. thank you
m
l
!