Which i7 motherboard should I get

Liderc

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
I went with the EVGA x58 because I found myself over in the evga forums and there is this guy Jacob( works for evga) and he basically talks with people every day about any problems they run into and post the new bios the hour they have them up and what not. I also like the look of the evga x58 as well.

Just something to think about.

FScuderiaX

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
I too went with the EVGA X58...it was either that or the Asus P6T. Being I had bad experiences with Asus I couldn't turn down EVGA's customer service and lifetime warranty. Also P6T doesn't support Tri-SLI if thats something you are considering. IMO Asus boards might perform well on paper but seems they always have these unusual problems/bugs that need to be worked out. I'm hoping not to deal with the headache as this will be my first MB from EVGa.

toadworks

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
I wounder if the support is better on EVGA than xfxforce? I do know that Asus are some great people and there support is outstanding.
I had a xfx 790I short out and kill a 1500 cpu. Intel replaced the cpu no issue and said the board is suspect. Called and emailed xfx tech support and they told me almost no board issue is covered under them. I needed to return it to the store. The store said I need to return it to the MFG. They now have a banner on there site boasting 5 star support. 30 of us are trying to get the BBB.org to get our power issue boards replaced by xfxforce and still no luck.
My Asus p5 board after flashing the bio's like over a million times it seems failed to update last week. I called tech support at asus in Cali. and with in 20min a new board was on its way. They could care less what the issue was. All they wanted to know was did it work or was it not usable.
I will never buy a XFX product again (or Pine) They are not worth the issue if you have a problem. Intel told me they are having issues with them also. Must be why they are so eager to go AMD.
AMD is a good product but just last month they were boasting all the hype on the new intel stuff then all the banners went down and now it is amd.....hummmmm If you over clock with a xfx board you are on your own if something happens even if it is a mfg default. Asus just wants to know how high you got......Asus

toadworks

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
Asus is great if you have a issue. They realy do value customers and there tech guys and girls are out of this world. Most of the time the questions stop at the board is not working now? Followed by we need a depostit and we are RMA ing you a new board. You do not most of the time get a fixed other RMA junk board like you might in XFX or EVGE if they even give you a fixed product. Most of the time they will just tell you it is the store fault or you for over clocking or what ever thay can come up with. Support is something that if you need it you need to have good support. Some times the coolest package is not the best.

toadworks

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
I am seeing good things from bio star again? They used to be good and it seems they are getting better again. any board but the XFX crap will do good!
Did you check out Toms reviews he puts them to the test!

Amg

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
I ll go for the Evga personly, asus mobo are advanted but it hurts when they go wrong (have to find out whats at fault)

toadworks

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
Yup, I agree with AMG! But, I think Evga and XFX are one in the same all from pine mfg in china. If it is true than hardware support for the Evga might be as bad or not even exists like the BS I am having with xfx not supporting a new motherboard that booted and welded the cpu to the socket. Then they try to tell me it might have been a used board and no support....I had there plastic wrap and was sealed in there new box.....hummmm Asus all the way for the good support I have needed to use from time to time....Very nice people there. Also do not rule out ASRock or Gigabyte, BioStar and even a few new MSI boards are looking better and better. Although I did at one time get a lot of MSI bio updates once.....
Toadworks