(Please Help) ..... How A Can Have More Frame Per Second In FSx

pilot166

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
Hey All

I have a dimension e521 and i will like the some one help me how to get more frame per second .............. Tn the game im getting 12-23 FPS in Mountain Airport but went i trying to play on a city or international airport i goes down to 5-11 really poor that someone help me please??????

This Is My Specs:

Amd Athlon 64x2 5600 2.8GHz
2GB Ram
BFG Nvidia 8600 Gt OC 256MB DDR3
Hercules 500W PS

This My Setting What I need To do to have a Good FPS

FSx.jpg

Im Get More RAM, The Ya think That will help to get more FPS?????????? Please Help

A faster video card is what you need. A 8600GT isn't really considered a gaming video card.

Otherwise lower the graphics settings. In fact set every single graphics setting to the lowest to determine the best performance you can get. Then slowly increase graphix settings until you get the minimum FPS you consider is playable. Shadows and anti-aliasing will have significant impact.

I would guess that a minimum 20FPS would make the game "playable" in the most graphix demanding scenery.

pilot166

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
Hey Jaguarskx

I bought 2gb more to make a total of 4Gb and im thinking to buy a 8600GTS you think it will make better result ?????????
I have An AMD 64x2 5600 2.8GHz

Im Thinking to buy the 8600gts because my budget is no more that $60 ...... i getting this card of only $55
You thinking is reasonable?????????

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
the performance increase from 8600GT OC to a 8600GTS will be negligible at best, I would suggest that unless you can get at least an HD 4670, do not make any purchases until you save up more money.

sdf

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2007
FSX is similar to FS9 in the way its designed. It is heavily dependant on the CPU and you will see little fps increase with a better card, 2 gigs of ram however should be a minimum especially in vista. Increasing the CPU power, either by a faster dual core or more specifically more cores will increase the fps, a quad core will make a dramatic difference. Keep in mind FSX can scale to 32 cores. Whoever designed it that way should be shot but its the way it was done. BTW you'd get better help here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/index.php