Email access for administrator on my account?

mutley_72

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
My ex still has my/our PC running XP although I am the administrator user. She has a normal user access.
I am worried as I have bank details on my desktop and emails with some passwords. I cannot get in anymore to wipe off my information.
Is she able to access my files/desktop without my logon as she has told me she has a program to change the administrator password etc? I have heard that it is easy to change the administrator password without knowing it. If she changed that could she access my old desktop etc?
I would really appreciate any advice.
Many thanks.

There are boot disks you can use to change the admin password in Windows, and an admin account can get to any user profile.

Just go change your passwords. If she tries to access your accounts without your permission it's a federal crime if she is not a joint owner. Let her know that, she'd be liable to let you to the computer to delete your stuff.

I don't mean that she is the owner of the compter, but of the accounts she is accessing. Like I said, change your passwords, no more issues. You may want to change your email account also.

mutley_72

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
i dont have access to the pc. She doesnt know my logon password but sounds like she doesnt need that.
I dont use that old email account but all my old saved emails are in outlook express on my desktop.
thanks for your help by the way.