Sign in with
Your question

How do you get to msconfig from command prompt in windows 7?

Last response: in Windows 7
September 6, 2011 1:04:10 AM

Hello,
I have startup recovery virus/malware on my windows 7 machine. Can't access safe mode, can only get to startup recovery and command prompt. Tried a Windows repair disk. My windows install is saved on the computer...no disk, damn toshiba. Is there a way to remove this from the command prompt and boot cleanly into windows 7 so I can run malware bytes and av?
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
September 6, 2011 1:56:59 AM

Click on the windows logo lower left side on the task bar and then down the bottom of the windo in the search box type in msconfig.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
September 6, 2011 2:06:48 AM

Those wont' work. Try reading the post and not just the title.

Quote:
I have startup recovery virus/malware on my windows 7 machine. Can't access safe mode, can only get to startup recovery and command prompt.

Many AVs have a bootable disk you can use in this situation. I think AVG does. Try making the disk and see if you can get past it that way.
m
l
September 6, 2011 2:17:45 AM

Boot into the special partition on your hard disk and from that you should be able to do a fresh install of Windows- but you will lose your files (sorry that's why people stress backups). You should be able to do this when the computer boots and the Toshiba logo displays (it will be like F8 or F12 or something). I've done this with my HP laptop recently. By the way- Toshiba does not include repair disks because of this special partition they include.

http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD7C02140000R01.htm

Happy formating!

m
l
!