Sign in with
Your question

Jumper settings in sata hdd

Last response: in Storage
January 28, 2010 4:21:54 AM

in my system samsung hdd is detecting only in sata 0 port but if i am using segate hdd together samsung hdd is not detecting... and i want to know about jumper settings in sata... please help me my email id nrgopi786@gmail.com
January 28, 2010 10:19:44 AM

What you want to know? It have nothing to do with jumper settings on IDE drives.
I don't have all the info i wish...so we try it one step at a time....
What is the scenario?
You have new build?
You adding a new drive?
Did you try different SATA and Power cables?
m
l
a c 342 G Storage
January 28, 2010 6:22:49 PM

Some SATA drives have jumpers and pins on their back edges, but you do NOT need to set them for Master or Slave, etc. In fact, most of them should not be changed unless you really know what you're doing.

The one exception is the uncommon (but it does happen) case where you have a new SATA II drive installed in an older machine that has only an original SATA (not SATA II) disk controller. For that one case, SOME (not all) HDD manufacturers have a way to use jumpers to force the drive to behave like on older original SATA unit. If that is not your case, DO NOT change the SATA jumpers.

Please provide details about drives and connections. You appear to have two hard drives. Exactly what maker and model number for each? What motherboard to you have - maker and model? What port is each drive connected to? Also give details of your optical drive and where it is plugged in.
m
l
!