Norton Ghost recovery on NTFS?

Hi,

I've just go through some of the issues on group and found that i might face
this problem so i bought out for to get opinions. I've an old pc pointing to
one of my drive using incremental drive backup(networked). And i'm using
Norton Ghost 9 which claims to support bootup. Now i'm worried bout file
system, does any of you had experience with ghost where it only able to read
from FAT32? cause the drive keeping the backup is in NTFS. I'm sorry if
discussion anything related to sysmantec is not welcome. But i tot i might
get more experts idea here.

--
Thanks & Regards
Min

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0535-3, 09/02/2005
Tested on: 9/4/2005 11:26:15 AM

Ghost can read image backups from either NTFS or fat32 without any problem.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

"jienmin" <jienmin@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've just go through some of the issues on group and found that i might
> face this problem so i bought out for to get opinions. I've an old pc
> pointing to one of my drive using incremental drive backup(networked). And
> i'm using Norton Ghost 9 which claims to support bootup. Now i'm worried
> bout file system, does any of you had experience with ghost where it only
> able to read from FAT32? cause the drive keeping the backup is in NTFS.
> I'm sorry if discussion anything related to sysmantec is not welcome. But
> i tot i might get more experts idea here.
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards
> Min
>

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 0535-3, 09/02/2005
> Tested on: 9/4/2005 11:26:15 AM

GHOST version 9 is really a variation of the Drive Image program by
PowerQuest, which was bought by Symnatec. Drive Image can recover an image
from an NTFS drive, so can GHOST 9.

The original GHOST (version 2003 and earlier) was DOS-based, and as such
could not recover an image from an NTFS drive. However, the older GHOST
could make an imgae of an NTFS drive and save it on a FAT32 drive and then
recover form that FAT32 drive.

"jienmin" <jienmin@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've just go through some of the issues on group and found that i might
> face this problem so i bought out for to get opinions. I've an old pc
> pointing to one of my drive using incremental drive backup(networked). And
> i'm using Norton Ghost 9 which claims to support bootup. Now i'm worried
> bout file system, does any of you had experience with ghost where it only
> able to read from FAT32? cause the drive keeping the backup is in NTFS.
> I'm sorry if discussion anything related to sysmantec is not welcome. But
> i tot i might get more experts idea here.
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards
> Min
>

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 0535-3, 09/02/2005
> Tested on: 9/4/2005 11:26:15 AM

TRENDING THREADS