Windows 7 sleep mode issue Desktop

MrBurns_20

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
I am having a problem getting my computer to come out of sleep/hibernate mode. It will go to sleep just fine, however when I try to get the system to awake via; Keyboard/mouse/power button. The tower will turn on Fans/LEDs ect. I have no display. Then it will restart, (most of time). I already ran CMD to see what the system supports. S3 is what I chose in BIOS, I all have Bios set to awake from USB blah blah blah. In windows 7 I have also set that up to look for my keyboard our mouse via USB. I did not have this problem months ago but drivers change etc. I recently had my Raid 0 fail so I reformatted to a single 500gb. (month ago)
As far as I can tell the system runs smooth. I don't see any problems with my Memory set at its current settings. Any help would be appreciated. I am about to reformat in the next couple days..

Windows 7
2600k (stock speeds)
Msi P67A-GD65
Evga DS 580
500gb HD
Antec HCP 1200
Creative SC (old from last build)
CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 8GB @ 1866 1.507v
2 drive bays.
LG BLu Ray
Lite-On DvD/RW

Or maybe just no-one has a solution. I have exactly the same problem myself. If I put the machine into sleep mode, I see what looks like sleep mode, with the slowly flashing power light, but when I power-on I get no video. If I reboot, I get to where I was as the machine loads the hiberfile. It's pretty strange that it creates a hiberfile when going into sleep mode.

I'm pretty darn good at this stuff and I haven't been able to resolve the issue. It happens again if I re-install, so I suspect either a Win7 flaw or a device that refuses to come out of sleep mode properly, probably the video card. My next test is going to be using another video card.

Hey, if that works, then you will need the answer to "What is a good graphics card!"

MundoDragon

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
I had this problem a few years back and it turned out that it was a fault in the motherboard...the whole line, not just my specific motherboard, so I would start there and check post on your motherboards support site to see if anyone else is having the issues. And as for a good graphics card, I'm still using my good ole 9800 GTX+ and it still slices everything up like butter. ;)

MrBurns_20

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011

I have a evga 580 DS works great!

MrBurns_20

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Tell ya what, in BIOS I disabled everything in the green power tab. On EVGA's website I got the beta driver. My computer will now go in and out of Sleep mode. I am going to try to reverse what I did to recreate the problem so I can to pass it on. BTW I do not have not much experience on EUP 2013 or anything else in that option of my BIOS. Hell I can build a computer I don't know much about anything else.