Graphic Lag!! Help!!

radenvi

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2008
I am experiencing LAG after a few hours of playing games. I start playing with a smooth graphics with a minimum graphic sittings of the game. After a few hours, I experience LAG. I checked the temperature of the GPU, it reads at 58c. Ive change my GPU 3 times but it the lag is still there. I've also checked my CPU temperature, it came to 34-38c. I tried to change my MOBO, but it still lag. I formatted my HD and try re installing the games and the OS and trying to turn my anti virus off, but it does not work. I'm just wondering that, if I'm going to restart my pc and back to play, the graphic begin smoother but after a while, it lag. What is the cause of the lag? Why is it that the lag's gone after the pc restart? Please Help...

My PC SPECS:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+
80 + 200 gig HD
2 GIG (DYNET) 667 RAM
PALIT 8600gt 1gig super+
BIOSTAR MCP6P M2+ MOBO
500 watts ASTONE PSU

You dont say what OS you are using but it sounds like your problem is related to your ram buffer getting over full. This can happen depending on the game and how long you play for the early 8800 cards were known to do it. You can use ALT+TAB to clear the cache in your ram buffer which will give you the same effect as rebooting your machine. The reason i mentioned the OS is because this problem is slightly worse in Vista than it is in XP.

Mactronix

radenvi

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2008
Thanks for the reply....I am using XP sp2. How could I prevent this LAG? What are the sittings am I going to do?

radenvi

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2008
Counter Source=online game. Its started at smooth graphic with 89-100 fps at maximum sittings with 76 ping. The lag starts after 2 hours without changing its FPS and my PING. So I turned my PC off. I tried to stay my PC on overnight, then playing need for speed underground, i feel the skipping of graphics. So i did switch to CSourse, the lag is there. Even I set the graphics of both games into its lower sittings....it never gets the lag out unless I'm going to restart my pc. My monitor resolution is 1024 x 768 and 85 refresh rate. 17 inches monitor/Samsung. (But geforce 8600gt can support up 1280 x 768 resulotion).