I want to upgrade few parts, what do you think? Budget around $700

digitalzephyr

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2007
Current build should be in my sig. I want to get a full tower I feel cramped with current Lian Li PC-60 and its getting old. Maybe going for Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Aluminum. I was also thinking of upgrading my CPU to E8500. Im not sure I want to overclock. I just don't know enough. That was my plan with my current cpu but Im having issues with my current build. After powering up or coming out of hibernation it will just lose power, but after its running for awhile its usually fine. Not sure if this is due to my PSU or memory? Im not sure what else to upgrade. I want to keep it around $700 but Im a little flexible.

^The hibernation issue is most likely a software issue. I remember Vista had these Issues back in the day.

If the PC is the one in your sig I recommend getting that case + UPS + 2*2GB DDR2 800 if running 64bit OS.

Agree on a software issue with powering up after hibernation, i've had a few issues with XP after SP3 updates myself. If you don't overclock then the CPU upgrade to the E8500 is a good idea. XP isn't the RAM hog that Vista is, but another 2x1 GB of RAM isn't going to hurt anything.