Watercooled help..

welshy

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
Hi not so long ago i put my my computer in for upgradeing from a p7n diamond to XFX790i mobo useing the q6600.

now since it gone ive noticed that the waterloop was put in reverse instead of the water pump, pumping onto the cpu it goes into the raditor,

now since this has happend ive had my q6600 over clocked to 3.6 on my old board with the pump, pumping onto the cpu
under max load remaining about 28-35C

now on my new board 790i xfx ive overclocked to 3.5 and runs beetween 30/48 C major diffrence this with the water pump going in tho the raditor.

now all i wont to know is the water that loop been put back in or is cause of the heat of the mobo?

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
The water temp remains consistent throughout the loop, so it doesn't matter if it hits radiator first or CPu first. Check to make sure your block is seated properly. If you have the know-how, go ahead and reapply the TIM.

Is the CPu the only part covered, or are you also covering the NB?

Sounds like the mobo runs hotter, which raises the ambient temp inside the case. 48C is a good load max temp though, so I wouldn't really worry about it too much.

welshy

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
nb is coverd, by the 280 gtx.

thanks for that i got the know how on how to reassemble it all, just wasnt sure if this was the cause of the temp problem.

well once i watercool my cards maybe that will bring the internal temp down more?

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
Watercooling your video card will probably lower your case temp, but it will raise the overall temp of the WC loop. Unless you have a really nice loop, or some dual-loop config set up, I'd just leave your video card alone.

welshy

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
iam thing of getting a 360mm raditor hlp with the heat dispersal.

waterloop i got atm is currently running a overclocked q6600 @ 35-48C pretty good imp.

any case iwas due to get a qx9650 over overclocking and i was gonna get a new waterblock somthing i lilttle slick u know closer to tha cpu for the heat to travel less distance.

as for GFX's cards i plan only to watercool 1 not the other, we all know the card in the first pci-exp slot is allways the dominant 1.

and cause i got the thermaltak armor LCS editon i was think of self cutting a hold in the PVC window to place an extra 120 mm extra intake/outtake.

the thought of dual looping isnt a bad idear but right now i have enough money to see that i get a qx9650 witch is on it was and new CPU water block, maybe 1 gpu block as well.

1 question isit worth getting a lager raditor?