3.14GB Free Space In Safe Mode but 214mb free space in Normal mode?

agrobeso

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
Hi,
I've scanned my laptop with 3 different anti-virus software and it's still no good.My drive C(Which is a partition) displays 3.14GB Free Space In Safe Mode but 214mb free space in Normal mode? This occured a week ago but after i scanned it with McAfee in safe mode i had all the lost drive space restored again. But i lost all the space again and i keep having this pop up which notifies me that i'm running low on disk space. Please help. Wish i could format my HD but i lost my XP OS cd and i can't find my restore CD either. Please help.

agrobeso

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011

Thanks for the responds, i really appreciate the help.
Paging file size for 1512MB - 1512MB however the Virtual Memory settings
states that the space available is 1951MB.

agrobeso

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
it's a 4 year old Toshiba Laptop, was a 512MB RAM but i upgraded it to 1512Mb(with a 1GB RAM).
Hard Disk was 120GB but has been partitioned to 20GB for drive c and 100GB for drive D

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Download a program called scdiskinfo. This handy program will show you where all your info is being dumped to even in hidden folders. You dont have enough free space as is. Also it might not be a bad idea to lower you virtual memory start out at like 512 mb and top at 1512mb

agrobeso

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
Thanks Wamingo'
I lowered the virtual memory to start at 512 mb. i'm yet to run the scdiskinfo. However there seems to be some inprovement: my drive C space is up, it's currently 1.32Gb, but i know there's more space than is stated above on that drive. i really appreciate your help. Thanks once again.

agrobeso

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011

Thanks Wanamingo,
I lowered the virtual memory to start at 512 mb. i'm yet to run the scdiskinfo. However there seems to be some inprovement: my drive C space is up, it's currently 1.32Gb, but i know there's more space than is stated above on that drive. i really appreciate your help. Thanks once again. ;) :p

You said to download this thing.. where from... thin air?
Since you know what it is and where to get it...how about a
LINK?

agrobeso

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011

Hi Wanamingo,
I downloaded the CCleaner and the ComboFix and run them to cleanup some errorneous Registry files and other Malware. My drive C Hard disk space is up now to 2.14Gb. I'm yet to compare it to the free space in safe mode(since i tried to set up my system restore settings). I'm trying to get enough space to create a system restore point as a back up. I've not been able to use that option in a long while, since i had less disk space for that. Do think i should increase ny virtual memory now? and what correlation does the virtual memory have with system performance. setting up System Restore cache and total available free space. Thanks and do keep the help coming. i really appreciate it
Thanks once again.