Two questions in one thread :D

G

First Question is directed to 4800 series owners and crysis/crysis warhead owners

Is 8.8 or 8.9 better? Can't find anything and I don't really want to go through the hassle of taking 30 minutes to remove and re-install drivers, as my hard drive is really really really slow at writing (SSD).

Second Question is

My 4870 crashes no matter what, It doesn't load past 60 C on core and 80 C on mem, and the vrm's are getting pretty hot, like 110 C, but I can't seem to get it to be 100% stable no matter what i do, I even tried underclocking... do you think the chips wack? And I should RMA it? I don't really know, never had to RMA a component before.

G

eh... SSD was ok... picked up a OCZ Core 64 GB for about 150 bucks (special deal of someone)

I have in-fact tried 8.8, but I un-installed almost immediately as I saw 8.9 was out, so i haven't tried 8.8 with crysis, but I had 8.7, and I had these crashes in my other games as well, so i don't think it's just crysis

COD 4 crashes, Assassins creed, GRID, and Witcher

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
Just go ahead and install 8.9 man. It cant hurt, really. Im using 8.8 myself with no problems, still debating 8.9, ill wait for some feedback.

ahslan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
I upgraded to 8.8 and its been pretty sweet so far...(right after I upgraded to 8.8, 8.9 came out so I havent bothered to install 8.9 yet)