Sign in with
Your question

Remove XP from second hard drive

Last response: in Windows XP
January 28, 2011 2:54:24 PM

Hello,

Recently, I installed XP Pro, (having formerly had XP Home Edition) However, this installation of XP Pro inadvertently was installed on another internal drive, (other than the C: drive. (XP Home Edition was not uninstalled).

So, insofar as I am able to use XP Home Ed., the question now is... how can I safely remove that XP Pro, (i.e., the Windows folder, Program Files and My Documents folders), from that internal, alternate hard drive?

Thanks.

Cuddleking

More about : remove hard drive

February 4, 2011 12:12:59 AM

Cuddleking said:
Hello,

Recently, I installed XP Pro, (having formerly had XP Home Edition) However, this installation of XP Pro inadvertently was installed on another internal drive, (other than the C: drive. (XP Home Edition was not uninstalled).

So, insofar as I am able to use XP Home Ed., the question now is... how can I safely remove that XP Pro, (i.e., the Windows folder, Program Files and My Documents folders), from that internal, alternate hard drive?

Thanks.

Cuddleking

---------------------------------
Soundguruman:

Thanks for your suggestion. However when I tried using the Windows reformatting feature, it refused, (because it "saw" the "Windows" and "Program Files" folder as being legitimate).

I was FINALLY able to "clean" the entire drive with a free program called "KillDisk". It worked great!

Again, thanks for your input.
m
l
February 4, 2011 4:49:49 AM

You can also use the windows bootable cd that comes with the OS and delete the partition there from the installation screen.
m
l
!