Remove XP from second hard drive

Hello,

Recently, I installed XP Pro, (having formerly had XP Home Edition) However, this installation of XP Pro inadvertently was installed on another internal drive, (other than the C: drive. (XP Home Edition was not uninstalled).

So, insofar as I am able to use XP Home Ed., the question now is... how can I safely remove that XP Pro, (i.e., the Windows folder, Program Files and My Documents folders), from that internal, alternate hard drive?

Thanks.

Cuddleking
3 answers Last reply
More about remove hard drive
  1. reformat the drive
  2. Cuddleking said:
    Hello,

Recently, I installed XP Pro, (having formerly had XP Home Edition) However, this installation of XP Pro inadvertently was installed on another internal drive, (other than the C: drive. (XP Home Edition was not uninstalled).

So, insofar as I am able to use XP Home Ed., the question now is... how can I safely remove that XP Pro, (i.e., the Windows folder, Program Files and My Documents folders), from that internal, alternate hard drive?

Thanks.

Cuddleking

---------------------------------
    Soundguruman:

Thanks for your suggestion. However when I tried using the Windows reformatting feature, it refused, (because it "saw" the "Windows" and "Program Files" folder as being legitimate).

I was FINALLY able to "clean" the entire drive with a free program called "KillDisk". It worked great!

Again, thanks for your input.
  3. You can also use the windows bootable cd that comes with the OS and delete the partition there from the installation screen.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows XP Hard Drives