Burning cd with x58 bios

Liderc

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
I'm getting my evga x58 mobo in a few days and I figured I'd get my updated bios CD burned so that I could just put it in before I load vista onto the rig. When I burned it(http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=681107) it said some extra items are attached to this file and will be lost during transition, the contents of the file will not be affected. I didn't use any burning software, just drug the .iso file into the cd drive in my computer and it supposedly burned it. Do I need an iso burner software? if so is there a free one ?

I burned it twice and it said that both times, but successfully burned it to the disk with no other error. Is this common? Not looking to destroy my x58 the day I get it.

Liderc

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Yeah, I was reading the evga forums and Jacob(evga tech guy) said the cd method was the safest and most reliable, so figured why not.

The CD method works pretty well. I tend to update it from windows actually - there are some utilities that allow that, and it's convenient. It's arguably less failsafe than the CD method though.

Liderc

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
From what I've seen the x58 has had a few dead boards occur with the windows method, they've actually disabled it for now. That is kind of what scared me into using a cd.