Sign in with
Your question

GeForce 9800 GX2 and Gigabyte EP35-DS3L

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 24, 2008 1:49:26 AM

Going to pull the trigger on a EVGA 9800 GX2 VGA and want to know if there are any issues with the Gigabyte EP35 DS3L mobo?

I've looked at the MB and it looks like the VGA card will fit...I was concerned that the size of the 9800 GX2 would be an issue...but would like to hear from anyone who is running that series VGA with this MB. I'll be replacing a Geforce 8500 GT 512 with the 9800 GX2 card....so I'm hoping to see a huge improvement in graphics performance.
a b U Graphics card
September 24, 2008 1:59:28 AM

i dont have that mobo but i did have the card. the card i believe is 10.5in. it doesnt matter about ur mobo it will fit in it. all it depends on ur case.
September 24, 2008 2:07:04 AM

invisik said:
i dont have that mobo but i did have the card. the card i believe is 10.5in. it doesnt matter about ur mobo it will fit in it. all it depends on ur case.

It'll work fine for the motherboard, and fit basically all standard mid/full tower cases. There were a lot of unfounded fear concerning 9800gx2's size. It's the same length as 9800gtx, after all, but for some reason, people get the idea that 9800gtx will fit while 9800gx2 won't. Strange.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage.aspx?ISList=14-...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage.aspx?ISList=14-...
September 24, 2008 6:05:51 PM

That's great to hear. At first I was thinking that the card would interfer with the RAM banks....since the VGA is so thick I thought it might be an issue. The case I'm, using is a Coolermaster Centurion CAC T05 Mid tower and appears to have more than enough room for the card to fit.

I was also wondering if there were any issues with this VGA and MB BIOS. Had read a user review of the 9800 GX2 where he complained of display issues and blamed the VGA. He never mentioned the Mobo he was using.....so I thought I'd ask if there were any known issues with the Gigabyte EP35-DS3L.

Cheers :)  and thanks for the replies.

!