Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Monitor doesn't show full screen.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 24, 2008 2:09:14 AM

So I restarted because my computer was being laggy, when it booted back up only around 3/4 of the screen is showed, and the other is black. I thought at first it might be the monitor, so I tried the monitor on my laptop and it worked perfectly. I uninstalled my 4870 video driver, and then it was back to normal. I was happy. But, then when I reinstalled its back to 3/4 of the screen. ):

Any ideas?
September 24, 2008 2:18:07 AM

did u update the video driver lately? maybe try the roll back driver option or install an older driver (im assuming you're using the latest). what size screen and what resolution are u using? also could try going into the ati control panel and accessing the resolution/monitor options from there as opposed to windows display properties. u could also just be lazy and do a system restore from a couple days ago. that usually fixes driver problems ive had without going through the laborious troubleshooting process..
September 24, 2008 2:33:28 AM

elitezero you may need to use driver cleaner to delete old drivers.download driver cleaner and clean old drivers and then boot up in safe mode and use driver cleaner in safe mode.then boot again and use driver cleaner again.after that install new ati drivers/hope this helps you out.
Related resources
January 10, 2010 5:03:53 AM

LCD 24" Monitor won't fill screen

1.) Google ATI Catalyst Control Center

2.) Install it

3.) Restart computer

4.) it shows up bottom right in the toolbar, right click the ATI Catalyst Control Center icon

5.) At the top of the options that show up click "ATI Catalyst Control Center..."

6.) Top left, click the drop down menu and select "Desktops & Displays"

7.) Bottom left click on the monitor pic on the triangle that has a drop down menu and choose "configure"

8.) Click "Scaling Options"

9.) Adjust screen
June 6, 2011 12:33:51 PM

IcyPhoenix said:
LCD 24" Monitor won't fill screen

1.) Google ATI Catalyst Control Center

2.) Install it

3.) Restart computer

4.) it shows up bottom right in the toolbar, right click the ATI Catalyst Control Center icon

5.) At the top of the options that show up click "ATI Catalyst Control Center..."

6.) Top left, click the drop down menu and select "Desktops & Displays"

7.) Bottom left click on the monitor pic on the triangle that has a drop down menu and choose "configure"

8.) Click "Scaling Options"

9.) Adjust screen

hey thanks...you just solved my problem
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 6, 2011 5:25:46 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!