halfmooncay

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
Hi guys years ago I had an old RCA digital camera. I have long since gotten rid of it( it was like one of the first .3 mpeg) anyway my question is...
when I go into my computer it shows a list of the hard drives and card reader drives, but also still shows one called My RCA Camera, I would love to get rid of it but can't. Highlight it and hit delete nothing happens no warning box or message of any kind. If you right click it you don't have a delete option. Anyone have any ideas, it doesn't seem to be hurting anything I would just like it gone.

Thanks for your time
Rick

Try this...

Start>Settings>Control Panel>System>Advanced>Environment Variables>New>

Enter this:
devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices

In the Variable value, enter the number one (1)

Click Ok.

Now, while still in Control Panel, click the Hardware tab, Device Manager, View,

"Show hidden devices"

Expand sections as needed, look for your item of interest, right-click and uninstall it.

halfmooncay

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
I did a search in the reg for MY RCA Camera , then clicked find next since the first was a predefined and found a line I could delete. Then I just deleted anything connevted with My RCA Camera.
Been trying to get rid of that little thing for a long time. THanks guys you did help by pointing me in a different direction then I'd tried in the past.

You guys are bookmarked now!