Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What hard drives fit compaq-presario

Last response: in Storage
January 30, 2010 8:31:40 PM

what hard drives fit compaq-presario please?. anything on western digital? thanx.
I also need a practical 5.1 audio card as well. Thanx again.
a b G Storage
January 31, 2010 6:00:09 AM

Presario what? (there's a sh*t lot of Compaq's with the Presario name).
m
l
January 31, 2010 7:40:47 AM

presario what....huh?..Im not too bright. model kj393aa-aba sr5413wm. Vista, AMD athlon le 1640, 2700 Mhz, 1 core.......mean anything....?
m
l
Related resources
January 31, 2010 8:20:18 AM

Any 3.5 inch drive will run fine in it, as for sound card, on board audio is more then enough, depends on your motherboard chipset.
As for western digital, look at the black and blue series
m
l
a b G Storage
January 31, 2010 8:28:06 AM

Check first your casing if it can accommodate the hard disk and the audio card in it. Next check if you still have a power cable for the HD and data cable.
m
l

Best solution

a b G Storage
January 31, 2010 12:29:42 PM

Your Computer supports all SATA and PATA 3.5" hard drives.
It also has free PCIe and PCI slots so you can fit any current sound card in there.

What is your budget and how much storage do you need?
February 7, 2010 1:16:31 AM

My budget would be around 1-200 bills. i'd also like to add more memory. Do I buy two cards at a time? What are the notable memory cards. Tanks for all the answers everyone.
m
l
February 7, 2010 1:19:07 AM

Best answer selected by wonderbred.
m
l
February 7, 2010 1:35:37 AM

outlw6669 said:
Your Computer supports all SATA and PATA 3.5" hard drives.
It also has free PCIe and PCI slots so you can fit any current sound card in there.

What is your budget and how much storage do you need?

---------->My budget would be around 1-200 bills, and i'm thinking maybrr up to 500gb i'd also like to add more memory. Do I buy two cards at a time? What are the notable memory cards. I have the video dard and it really is phenomenal.
One more if you have time? My video card has HDMI, DVI, and vga outpit. The manual tells me to hook the HDMI to the DVI outpt (w/ an adapter) to have real HDMI. If this is the case, what is the point of the HDMI outpui? Thanks Again, Sean
m
l
a b G Storage
February 7, 2010 1:32:17 PM

With $200 you can get a 1.5TB WD drive and 4GB of DDR2 800 with change to spare.

Yes, HDMI and DVI output the same video signal.
The only difference is that HDMI is capable of carrying an audio signal along with the video.
Using a DVI => HDMI adapter will output the exact same digital video signal just without the sound (unless you have a newer ATI GPU).

As your newer GPU already has an HDMI output, I would recommend using it.
IDK why the manual recommends using the DVI => HDMI adapter.
Perhaps the same manual covers several similar cards, some of which lack the dedicated HDMI port.
m
l
!