Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H --- Integrated graphics problem

woodsy

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2008
hi, recently built a new machine, with the ga-ma790gp-ds4h mobo. It has been reviewed to have the best integrate graphics out there and so far all it does for me is run windows... i cant play any games nor dvds. i am planning on getting an actual card at somepoint but i would at least like to see the mobo working properly at some point!! can anyone advise???

heres my spec so far:

600w ocr silent psu
phenom 9850 2.5x4
Gigabyte Mobo
4gb Corsair ram 800mhz
antec 900 case
2 dvds
500gb seagate hdd - very noisy!

any help is appreciated thanks

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
Make sure you visit gigabytes website and look for any and all updated drivers related to the motherboard. Consider updating the BIOS as well. You should be able to play games with that (albeit at lowered resolution and image quality). I built a 780g based system for my friend and he has been able to play Spore, Fallout 3, and Left 4 Dead with no problems on medium settings at 1280x1024.

woodsy

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2008
i went into device manager and apparently the graphics adapter doesnt boot up, which i presume is the problem... the drivers are all up todate, the bios is version 6 which is the new one i think so i really have no idea whats wrong. this is the second motherboard ive had, the other was replaced due to a different fault but i seem to recall it having the same graphics situation.

i have ordered a new graphics card which should eradicate the problem but it means i wont be able to use hybrid crossfire if the intergrated graphics arnt going to work. so any help is still appreciated!