Extremely slow upload speed!!!

bigal18

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Took 3 hours to post 100 pictures on snap fish.com is there anything that I can do to increase my upload speed. I have road runner cable internet connection.
From "Is my ping high?"
My ping is 380ms, I have road runner, 768kbs cable internet connnection, with and upload speed of 276kb/s and download speed of 16460 kb/s, is my download and upload speed ok, is my ping to high.

montyuk

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
so your getting about 160kb/s down and 25kb/s up.

try pinging google and other major websites, it does seem a little high.

were you running any p2p software at the time of the test?

your internet upload speed isnt particularly fast, so id advise pre processing your images to reduce their size prior to uploading them, depending on your source, if you taking pictures with a 3mp+ camera your getting big images and half the time when you actually view them online you only see a much smaller image anyway.

bigal18

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
so your getting about 160kb/s down and 25kb/s up.

try pinging google and other major websites, it does seem a little high.

were you running any p2p software at the time of the test?

your internet upload speed isnt particularly fast, so id advise pre processing your images to reduce their size prior to uploading them, depending on your source, if you taking pictures with a 3mp+ camera your getting big images and half the time when you actually view them online you only see a much smaller image anyway.
I meant that the photos where uploaded to get print outs that I bought in the mail.
No is was not but my brother was playing call of duty 4 online on the ps3, with the same internet connection.