Deleted volume on external hard drive

Deleted the volume on my external hardrive, i cant locate it in disc management anymore, how can i relocate it and create a new volume, aslo i formated it into fat32, but it failed since the hardrive was to big
also im on windows 7 if that matters...
7 answers Last reply
More about deleted volume external hard drive
  1. i have the same problems, basically i wanted my ps3 to read my seagate 1TB external hdd. After following a step to partitions my hdd, i figured i was doing something wrong, all too late to realise.

I was following a step from the given website (http://www.wikihow.com/Add-an-External-Hard-Drive-to-a-PlayStation-3) and i was at step 4....

my 'file system type' was NTFS which i should right click and select "Delete Partition" or "Delete Volume" after doing this i downloaded EASEUS partition master and paritioned it without knowing already after deleting the volume...all my data's was wiped off.

I have some really important Documents and Uni work and i would like to know if there is any way of getting all of them back?

any of you think this software might help? (http://www.icare-recovery.com)

please kindly help.... Many thanks
  2. I had hesame problem...and followed the same advice about connecting the drive to PS3. Now nothing seems to work to identify the drive and re allocate a volume. It is in device manger, but not in Disk manager. I cannot give it a new volume.

Please help.
  3. Same as all of you I too followed that hdd convertion to FAT32 for my ps3 and accidentally deleted the drive.
    And I found the solution for it.

my external HDD is seagate Go Flex 500gb

go to Computer Management> Disk Management

> then on DIsk Management below, right click on the Disk that is supposedly 'missing'
    - mine was named Disk 1 and the bar was black.

> right click > then choose New Letter or something like that (it will assign a new letter drive for it so just click okay till the end.)

and it'll restore your external HDD like mine. :D
    hope this helps! :D
  4. go to : storage > disk management
    you will see 3 thing :

1- Disk 0 basic

2- Disk 1 basic : 1.00 GB Healthy (Primary Partition) || 467.76 GB health(Primary Partition)

3- CD-ROM

now go where it say Disk 1 basic ,right click { 467.76 GB health(Primary Partition)} than click delete volume

a warning message appear;
    the selected partition was not created by windows and might contain data recognized by other operation system.
    do you want to delete this partition ?

click yes
    now it change the name from primary partition to Unallocated
    right click to unallocated click : new simple volume click next >than next > than next > than finish > wait formatting .

unplug you hard drive and try it >than have nice day:bounce:
  5. kamicaz01dz said:
    go to : storage > disk management
    you will see 3 thing :

1- Disk 0 basic

2- Disk 1 basic : 1.00 GB Healthy (Primary Partition) || 467.76 GB health(Primary Partition)

3- CD-ROM

now go where it say Disk 1 basic ,right click { 467.76 GB health(Primary Partition)} than click delete volume

a warning message appear;
    the selected partition was not created by windows and might contain data recognized by other operation system.
    do you want to delete this partition ?

click yes
    now it change the name from primary partition to Unallocated
    right click to unallocated click : new simple volume click next >than next > than next > than finish > wait formatting .

unplug you hard drive and try it >than have nice day:bounce:

Will this delete the data that is already on the drive?
  6. 1. Right click on My computer. go to manage
    2. go to disk management, you will see 3 options
    a:New volume
    b:{c}:467.76GB healthy
    c: CD ROM
    3. Right click on new volume and go to delete partition,
    a worming will appear by saying that, { are you sure you want to delete this partition. yes or no, then you click on yes. Not than wait for a while . not finish yet but use your mind and continue.
    Thank you .
  7. The best way to recover deleted data from external hard drive is to follow this external hard drive data recovery guide. The guide gives step by step information, you may have a try.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Management External Hard Drive Storage