SONY CD-RW/DVD combo CRX320EE, The drive canot read any cd and dvd

I got a problem with my disc drive.The drive cannot read any dvd and cd. about a month ago i disabled my Sony drive using device manager to prevent my brother from installing games.Yesterday,after i enabled it does not working like usual.

I've tried to restart in safe mode.But its still not working.The device is still detected by computer.(I can eject the disc).Btw i using Win Xp and got 2 disc drive.

I noticed i can click to open the drive without any disc inside the drive.That's weird !!! :pt1cable: BTW my faulty drive is drive F (Sony CRX320EE)

My another (full working) drive will get an error if no disc is inside the drive.That's what it supposed to be!! :crazy:

Please someone help me !!!!! :hello:
2 answers Last reply
More about sony combo crx320ee drive canot read
  1. Are you using XP SP3? Ok. Go back to Device Manager right click on that drive then click on Scan for hardware changes - If it does not work, right click on that drive then click on Update driver software, make sure you have the sony software disk included when you bought that drive - you may need to use another computer to load the drivers for this and transfer the drivers using a flash drive.
  2. dEAne said:
    Are you using XP SP3? Ok. Go back to Device Manager right click on that drive then click on Scan for hardware changes - If it does not work, right click on that drive then click on Update driver software, make sure you have the sony software disk included when you bought that drive - you may need to use another computer to load the drivers for this and transfer the drivers using a flash drive.
    Yup,I'm using Xp SP3(The drive suddenly faulty after i disabled it for a month using device manager).

I've tried scan for hardware changes but its still not working.

I got the sony software disc,but there is no driver included inside the disc. :sweat: Help me !!!!! :cry:

Ask a new question

Read More

DVD Drives DVD CD-Rom Sony Storage