Sign in with
Your question

SONY CD-RW/DVD combo CRX320EE, The drive canot read any cd and dvd

Last response: in Storage
January 31, 2010 6:45:52 AM

I got a problem with my disc drive.The drive cannot read any dvd and cd. about a month ago i disabled my Sony drive using device manager to prevent my brother from installing games.Yesterday,after i enabled it does not working like usual.

I've tried to restart in safe mode.But its still not working.The device is still detected by computer.(I can eject the disc).Btw i using Win Xp and got 2 disc drive.

I noticed i can click to open the drive without any disc inside the drive.That's weird !!! :pt1cable:  BTW my faulty drive is drive F (Sony CRX320EE)

My another (full working) drive will get an error if no disc is inside the drive.That's what it supposed to be!! :crazy: 

Please someone help me !!!!! :hello: 
a b G Storage
January 31, 2010 7:48:13 AM

Are you using XP SP3? Ok. Go back to Device Manager right click on that drive then click on Scan for hardware changes - If it does not work, right click on that drive then click on Update driver software, make sure you have the sony software disk included when you bought that drive - you may need to use another computer to load the drivers for this and transfer the drivers using a flash drive.
m
l
January 31, 2010 10:06:59 AM

dEAne said:
Are you using XP SP3? Ok. Go back to Device Manager right click on that drive then click on Scan for hardware changes - If it does not work, right click on that drive then click on Update driver software, make sure you have the sony software disk included when you bought that drive - you may need to use another computer to load the drivers for this and transfer the drivers using a flash drive.
Yup,I'm using Xp SP3(The drive suddenly faulty after i disabled it for a month using device manager).

I've tried scan for hardware changes but its still not working.

I got the sony software disc,but there is no driver included inside the disc. :sweat:  Help me !!!!! :cry: 

m
l
!