Problem with 88GT

NateXYZS

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
Hi! im new to this forum but ive been tuned in for a few months

this is my rig:
C2Q Q6600 G0 @ 2.5GHZ
eGeforce 88GT @ 715\1800\960 with an Arctic Cooling Accelero S1+FM121
Corsair 2GB (1024X2) XMS2 CL5 (upgrade soon)
Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R
HEC Zephyr 650W
250GB 16mb SATA2 WDAAKS2500
HEC 6A21

and i have a problem with display, when in the boot i see lines that are in different colors, and when in OS (Vista Ultimate 64BIT) the colors are 4bit (and it wont let me change the resolution and color depth) and i get pillars in which the picture is scrambled and i cant run any games, OC programs wont recognize my GFX ive tried using both DVI slots, switching monitors, nothing helped...]

thanks in advance

NateXYZS

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
everything is in place.. problem is.. the visibility sucks at the moment and ive tried RivaTuner but saw no option to change frequencies (used Riva before) if there is an option to reset a video card and it can solve the problem i would like to try it, but ill check riva again just to be sure

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
you've made sure that the card is firmly seated on the mobo,connected the six pin plug at the back,made sure that the contact fingers on the card are clean,and that there is no junk in the connector,,right??,,can you try it in another system ???,,otherwise replace,you just might have a lemon,,also are you sure of your psu,,is it giving the card the power it needs..:)

NateXYZS

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
yep im pretty sure i double checked it, (a lemon??) i cant try it in another system in this house, but ill have to take the GT for a walk XD (not the first time hehehe) ill check everything again and ill reset the bios just in case, if in the end it wont work.. i guess ill wrap the card up and... i dont want whats after the wrap up..

NateXYZS

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
bump bump bump
the problem has been solved partially, i cant change resolution without getting the colors screwed up, and i cant play games, dx9 failure (even DX10) cant watch movies, i got these 4 pillars that everything inside them is shaking constantly

TRENDING THREADS