I have been playing the game for a year and two months and now the
game has started to give me some issues. When I click on the icon to
launch the game, the intial box pops up telling me its loading the
login screen. Then it just disappears.

I tried repairing it, uninstalling it and deleting all the files, then
reinstalling it. It still does it.

Any suggestions?

I have not added any new periphials and have deleted any recent
programs I had installed.

HELP!!!

Girga Davom
Flurry Server
The Dancing Smuggler

Shane

On 13 Oct 2004 09:24:21 -0700, spam@scrapironworship.com (Girga)
wrote:

>I have been playing the game for a year and two months and now the
>game has started to give me some issues. When I click on the icon to
>launch the game, the intial box pops up telling me its loading the
>login screen. Then it just disappears.
>
>I tried repairing it, uninstalling it and deleting all the files, then
>reinstalling it. It still does it.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>I have not added any new periphials and have deleted any recent
>programs I had installed.
>
>HELP!!!
>
>Girga Davom
>Flurry Server
>The Dancing Smuggler

They have created a new login screens to promote their JTL release
which patched your login screen yesterday. Sounds as if that has gone
terribly wrong for you but I think it is related. Don't know how to
help though but there is where you can start.

What OS do you have? In addition to the recent patch, there was also an
internet patch that causes some issues in XP SP2 as well. To fix this, right
click the shortcut for Launchpad and select properties. Go to the
compatibility tab and you will see an option called "Input Settings". Below
it is a check box for "Turn off advanced text services for this program".
Check this box, click apply then try and run the launchpad. You can also get
a new launcher if it is corrupt at this link:
http://Launchpad.Station.Sony.com.

Hope this stuff helps out some.

--
Obitrotzu Ossko
Wayfarer / Creature Tamer

"Girga" <spam@scrapironworship.com> wrote in message
>I have been playing the game for a year and two months and now the
> game has started to give me some issues. When I click on the icon to
> launch the game, the intial box pops up telling me its loading the
> login screen. Then it just disappears.
>
> I tried repairing it, uninstalling it and deleting all the files, then
> reinstalling it. It still does it.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> I have not added any new periphials and have deleted any recent
> programs I had installed.
>
> HELP!!!
>
> Girga Davom
> Flurry Server
> The Dancing Smuggler

Here is what I have to do to log on . Hope it works for you.
Open up Internet Explorer and in the address bar type Star Wars
Galaxies.Ink.
This will open up the launch pad and let to play.
"Shane" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> On 13 Oct 2004 09:24:21 -0700, spam@scrapironworship.com (Girga)
> wrote:
>
> >I have been playing the game for a year and two months and now the
> >game has started to give me some issues. When I click on the icon to
> >launch the game, the intial box pops up telling me its loading the
> >login screen. Then it just disappears.
> >
> >I tried repairing it, uninstalling it and deleting all the files, then
> >reinstalling it. It still does it.
> >
> >Any suggestions?
> >
> >I have not added any new periphials and have deleted any recent
> >programs I had installed.
> >
> >HELP!!!
> >
> >Girga Davom
> >Flurry Server
> >The Dancing Smuggler
>

> They have created a new login screens to promote their JTL release
> which patched your login screen yesterday. Sounds as if that has gone
> terribly wrong for you but I think it is related. Don't know how to
> help though but there is where you can start.

Thanks to all who helped me. I finally ended up calling tech support,
and they were, surprisingly, helpful and I got it working.