New XP installation on new Sata Card/HD

sport9155

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004
Purchased a syba sata-4p and a new sata drive to replace fail ide drives.
installed controler with out an issues and the bios see's it. Sata card sees the HD in the Raid menu.
I have used nLite to merge the cards drivers into the xp setup disk.
instal sees HD and starts the installaiton to the disk. Now this is where things go off the rails.
When the system reboots to continue the setup, it comes back with No Boot device...
I go into the systems bios and make the "scsi device" first in the boot order and still no go. I go into the raid bios and add the drive to the JBOD so that the card just passes through to the dirve and when I try booting I get the message that I need to ensure that windows is setup according to storage manufactures guide lines; I have followed the setup in the instruction insert, all but the JBOD part, which I picked up from another user having a similar issue with another model. I'm kind of stumped here any guidance would be great.

pietrzj

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
You don't say what your OS is, but you could try setting the disk type to legacy in your BIOS I know this type of error was valid for XP, but maybe you can say what your OS is?

sport9155

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004
Thanks for the help. I have determined that the older Asus A7v8x-x does not like booting from a Raid Card, so I have stolen an IDE drive from one of my enclosures put in as the OS drive, as XP see's the Raid card just fine.