JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
Depends depends depends.

Does your motherboard allow the bios to be played with? If not, you most likely wont get an OC out of it.
Max frequency without overheating? Every chip is different, and will react differently to OC, even two of the exact same chip. It is the nature of CPUs. As a rough guess, if you can keep it stable, I imagine you could probably get 3.0 to 3.2ghz daily OC, but again, it will be your trial and error to figure it out.
Do some research into the max temps the chip can take, what other people have done with it, and how to OC in general.

jms31207

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
Yes it is possible to over-clock any CPU, more important than the CPU in your case in the mother-board. Since your CPU doesn't have an unlocked multiplier the only way to make your CPU run any faster is to over-clock your front-side bus. but beware as this also over-clocks your ram and certain other components depending upon your motherboard, unless you go in and manually change the specific component to FSB ration. About the cooling that depends, each processor even of the same type can act completely different when over-clocked, some requiring you to add a lot more voltage to raise the speed and voltage creates heat. If you are going to raise the voltage any on your CPU to over-clock it I would make sure to buy yourself a nice after-market air cooler, and also make sure your case has good airflow so your FSB stays nice and cool. Hope this answered some questions.

Look up on here or Google guides on over-clocking AMD CPU's without unlocked multipliers and read up a little more before you waste a bunch of money and burn up your Motherboard or CPU.

craciunator

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
ya i have this cpu and i did it using ntune, i have a nvidia chipset so thats the only thing that would oc it, clockgen wouldnt let me, but it took it to 3022.3 MHz and ran completely stable, i had to oc by overclocking the bus which overcocled those so thats the only way it would work, but ya it could prob go higher too