Digital TV Cards

LiftOff

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2005
Presently have GA-965P-DS3, Intel E6600 2.4G, 2G Ram, XPSP2 and MyHD-130. Have twin monitors, one is desktop, the other I watch TV.

Am going to Vista and need to replace the MyHD as it won't work with 64bit. Will be getting either the 4850 or 4870 video card in the process.

With the present TV card I watch OTA digital and QAM cable on it's two channels. With analog disappearing shortly I'd like to replace with a new card that handles OTA digital and digital cable. No NTSC. I can't seem to find a card that does dual digital, OTA and cable. Does one exist?

Thanks

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I have had luck with products by dVico - they make products that are supported for XP and Vista (both 32 and 64 bit). You can find them for a decent price if you look through the vendors.

I don't believe it's dual digital - sorry...it's analog/digital. I'm not sure if one exists or not.

LiftOff

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2005
Thanks huron, but I'm looking for dual digital. I have digital/analog already. With analog going away I can't see why dual digital isn't available. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't know why anyone would buy analog at this late date.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I don't really understand, but I have had the card for about a year - so some stuff still comes in analog (Until Feb 2009, obviously).

I'll look to see if I can find one - you looking to record 2 channels per card or something?

My guess is dVico may be up for something like that at some point, but the good thing is they have 64-bit drivers for XP and Vista - that was a selling point for me.

I'll check for some cards now.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
Just checked it out on the "where to buy" section - only $139...that's not bad for 2 tuners and a solid card.

Let me know if I can help out any more.

LiftOff

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2005
Thanks a bunch for the info. That seems to do the trick; however, I don't quite understand how to hook up the input. It's got one BNC connector. I've got one each from the OTA and Cable. Do they connect with a 'T' connector? Will check it out more.

Thanks again.