need vista drivers

tzillion

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
I'm sure that I'm out of lick but i thought i would try. I'm building a PC for my boy with vista in it. the motherboard has a known unknown vista problem. (gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2) i was given a sound blaster live card ct4830. is there any site that has been developing vista drivers for older products. thanks in advance.

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Creative don't make me laugh. One guy that modded their drivers to work in vista, I think they tried to sue...

I used to like their stuff, but not after they just break stuff to force you into an upgrade. Honestly, try the onboard sound. I've got a Gigabyte board myself and it has the HD sound outputs, actually sounds pretty good I think.

Here is the last driver set ever released for this sound card.
http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/creative-ct4830-driver.html
I don't know if they will work in Vista, I seriously doubt it- this is a pretty old card.
I have a Creative X-Fi card, and I have had my fill of Creative products over the whole Vista thing, they would not release drivers even for these newest cards that would work in Vista. When you installed Vista, the card would work. But you had no feature set, you simply had some sound, that was it. Why the heck would anyone want to pay decent money for a X-Fi Sound Card with a full set of features, and then not be able to do anything more than a freakin $19 el cheapo card could do. Creative finally did release a Vista driver set after about a year and much pressure from their customers.

Creative can go pound sand, I'll never buy another Creative product.