Sign in with
Your question

graphics card ugrade

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 24, 2008 6:30:19 PM

Hi!

Im planning to upgrade my graphics card. currently I have a 7600Gt a AthlonX2 4200+ CPU and a Asusu A8V-VM motherboard. What do You thinh whics card would be the best for this config.

Thanks

More about : graphics card ugrade

September 24, 2008 6:34:38 PM

What type of games are you playing?

Budget?

Power supply?

September 24, 2008 6:45:55 PM

Im palying every kind of games. Ive finished playing Crysis but it was JUST playable. I would like to know which card would be the best for my config. I mean I dont want to spend on a new MB or CPU maybe a new power supply. I have no budget.
Related resources
September 24, 2008 7:10:27 PM

With the limited information you have given me I am going to suggest a 4850. They are ~$150 AR. Its a power hungry card so when sciggy asks for power supply, its for a good reason, as you may not be able to run it with your power supply. Also what resolution do you run your games in (very important)?
a c 130 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 24, 2008 7:29:58 PM

skywalker9952 said:
With the limited information you have given me I am going to suggest a 4850. They are ~$150 AR. Its a power hungry card so when sciggy asks for power supply, its for a good reason, as you may not be able to run it with your power supply. Also what resolution do you run your games in (very important)?

A 4850 most certainly isnt a power hungry card a decent psu with a 6 pin pcie connector will run it fine. Sure if you have a generic 350/400 Watt PSU it may struggle but to call it power hungry is wide of the mark. Your CPU may restrict a 4850 which basically means you wouldnt get the full potential out of the card, but you can always upgrade teh CPU later on if you feel the need. The 4670 would be worth considering also.
However as has been said this is all speculation until you let us know what you play and at what resolution. The Amps on the +12V rail of your PSU + or the make and model would be good also.

Mactronix
!