I am getting very annoyed (Please Help)

TOX1KK

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
I have been trying for ages just to overclock my CPU (1.6GHZ Intel Pentium Dual Core) but it is always in vain. I have tried Rivatuner, did not work, it said that the driver was not recognized, I have tried ATITool, but I said that my graphics card was not used by windows. I have just tried SysTool, and it said that the driver could not be found. I have also tried the one that PC User supplied, but that did not work, I even tried it from another site, but still didn't work.

What do I do? And what is a good overclocking too that can make me overclock JUST my CPU? I don't need to overclock my GPU, or FSB, because FSB is the only thing that actually works. I think my motherboard supports BIOS, but I am not sure how to enter it.

Quickly, Rivatuner and ATI Tool are graphics card overclocking software, not for CPU frequency adjustment. Every motherboard has a BIOS. If the system in question you are wanting to overclock is a prebuilt from a company like HP, DELL, etc. the BIOS will be 'locked' as far as having any potential to overclock the system BUS and CPU.

Which company made your system?

pbrigido

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
No offense, but from the sound of your post, I wouldn't attempt to OC your machine. There is much more to OCing a computer than just "turning up" a setting. For the marginal increase you would get with OCing a 1.6 Pentium Dual Core, I would just sit tight where you are at right now.

TOX1KK

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009

HP...

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
First time to hear someone who used Rivatuner/ATI Tool to OC a CPU. I suggest that you should research a bit first before doing something 'cause IMO, you're not into OCing yet.

And no, you cannot overclock your system with the kind of bios HP provides with their units. I had one in the office and I would say that it is not even worth looking at.

Your Bios is locked, meaning you cannot overclock your CPU unless you find a way of unlocking it with a third party software. My suggestion is that you leave it alone. If you want to overclock then invest in a similar motherboard.

4ILY45

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009

He's right it is locked. i have an acer with intel dual-core E2160. But the mobo died after 1 1/2 year of using.
had to buy myself a Gigabyte G31-M-ES2L.
now i can oc the thing from 1.8Ghz to 2.65Ghz.