CPU: Q6600
GPU: VisionTech ATI HD-4850 512MB
PSU: Corsair HX-620W
Memory: Corsair 2-2GB DDR2-PC 8500
DVD: Pioneer DVR-216
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ST31000340NS 1TB
Case: Lian PC-61
Display: ViewSonic 19 inch LCD

Assembly went fine, no issues. Powered up using the safe BIOS settings, loaded Windows Vista Home Premium. During use, it would the machine would freeze up. So, I flashed the BIOS to the latest version and loaded the Optimium Settings. Still would freeze up. So, I installed the latest drivers for the Motherboard and HD-4850, still freezes up during use. It can run for an hour, or sometimes a few minutes.

I'm now at a loss on what the problem is and how to resolve it. Would appreciate any help - thanks

venkat karthik

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
set memory frequency to its stock in the bios and memory timings to auto
if pc don't boot up after that you can remove the cmos battery for a minute and place it back

have you kept auto cooling for cpu or any thing else?
hope you have used a thermal paste before installing the heat sink

rigelkentaurus

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
Venkat - thanks for the suggestions. It seems my problem has been resolved. I removed and reinstalled both memory cards. When I did, one of them didn't really "click" in place. It felt fully set, and the clips snapped in place, but it didn't really "click". So, since I have four memory slots, I moved both cards to the other open bank. Both cards 'clicked" in place and I've had no issues since. Oh well, user error!