Why cant I connect a Epsom SX printer to a computer?

Mad Mel

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
Hello,
I have been trying to connect up my mums new wireless Epsom printer to her computer, but am having trouble. I have installed the disc as directed, but when it comes to the part where you are supposed to connect the printer up using the usb socket, it says it can not find the printer. I have tried using every one of her spare usb ports in turn, but with no success.
Her previous printer conected to a designated pin printer port on her computer, as opposed to a usb, and I am wondering if this could be part of the problem. I have disconnected the old printer and uninstalled it from the pc, but am still having no luck. What am I doing wrong?

Help!!!

Mel

after installing the software and rebooting, click start, control panel, printers and faxes.
Is your printer shown on the list? Is there a green check mark on your printer?
you are going to need to delete the old printer and designate the new printer on this list. If this printer does not have the green check mark, it won't work.
with the computer on, restart your modem, restart your router, then reboot the computer. The device should be recognized.