HTPC – your expertise and assessment are well appreciated

G

Hi Guys I've been thinking about building my HTPC for few months now and i finally going to go for it, as you guys already went through it your feedback is appreciated and it'll help me a great deal before i start ordering the parts:

MOBO
M3A78-T features the AMD 790GX graphics integrated chipset

Rams
8GB (4x2GB) 800MHz DDR2 Non-ECC Low-Latency CL4

Hard drive
Primary: 1TB Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000
Secondary: 1TB Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000

Optical Drive:
LG GGW-H20L Blu-ray Writer Review
LG GSA-H55L DVD-Writer

TV Tuner
two: ATI TV Wonder™ HD 650 Combo PCI Express

Speaker System:
I am going to use this system in my living room (3m x 5m) and I am not planning to use a receiver, is there a good wireless surround speaker system that I can hook strait to my HTPC?

Many thanks for your help on this,
TH

groo

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
plenty of HTPC cases fit ATX, but, all you gain with a 790gx over a 780g is a better south bridge and hight stock VGA core speed. but its the same chip, so it should OC the same. 500mhz to 700mhz, but I hear the 500mhz OCs to 900mhz or higher

a microATX board will let you run slim microATX case and take up about 1/3 of the space of the big Full ATX cases

you could get a regular PCI tuner for your second tuner, or you should be able to plug the x1 card into the x16 slot if you go microATX. maybe someone else can give you a definate answar on this

G

Many thanks for your feedback guys i appreciate it. any idea about the speaker system?