Microphone problem

September 4, 2005 1:36:03 PM

I installed my mic in 2003 and used it for 2 yrs. just fine, but now it is
not working at all. I do hear music on the internet, so the speakers are
fine.
When i go into test hardward, the wizrd says all is fine, but when i do the
test, "I am checking my microphone ...." nothing happens, but when i check
the speakers they are fine, i have gone into Control panel 100x, etc. and
cannot find out what the problem is. There is no speech recognition tab, but
someone told me that is not even nexcessary. I bought a new mic yesterday,
and that did not solve the problem.
Someone told me i need a file called MMSYS.CPL on my computer, which i
searched for it 3x and it does not show up anywhere on my computer, C drive,
etc.

I need the mic to begin broadcasting a radio show on Wed. live! Haha,
nothing like a bit of pressure. My email is betsybalega@yahoo.com and you
are most welcome to sent me any and all ideas, suggestions and thoughts.

Thank you very much.

More about : microphone problem

Anonymous
September 4, 2005 4:18:27 PM

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 09:36:03 -0700, Betsy wrote:

> I installed my mic in 2003 and used it for 2 yrs. just fine, but now it is
> not working at all. I do hear music on the internet, so the speakers are
> fine.
> When i go into test hardward, the wizrd says all is fine, but when i do the
> test, "I am checking my microphone ...." nothing happens, but when i check
> the speakers they are fine, i have gone into Control panel 100x, etc. and
> cannot find out what the problem is. There is no speech recognition tab, but
> someone told me that is not even nexcessary. I bought a new mic yesterday,
> and that did not solve the problem.
> Someone told me i need a file called MMSYS.CPL on my computer, which i
> searched for it 3x and it does not show up anywhere on my computer, C drive,
> etc.
>
> I need the mic to begin broadcasting a radio show on Wed. live! Haha,
> nothing like a bit of pressure. My email is betsybalega@yahoo.com and you
> are most welcome to sent me any and all ideas, suggestions and thoughts.
>
> Thank you very much.

Open Volume Controls.
Select Options> Properties. Move the radio button to Recording or Other
(whichever is needed for the program that you'll be using for the radio
broadcast). Then in window below, mark Microphone. This will now be added
to your Master Volume screen (Options> Advanced). Make sure it's not muted
and select a sound level. Leave this screen open.

Open the program that you'll be using with the microphone. Test microphone
sound levels. Adjust using the Volume Controls. If more fine tuning of
volume is needed, look for additional volume controls within the program
being used in conjunction with the microphone.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User