Solved

Hitachi vs WD vs Samsung help!!!

now i have hitachi hdp725050gla360 500gb. Will i notice any difference if i buy Wd black edition? or samsung F3?
pls gave me the difference in % and also how much % F3 is better than WD

btw i have
e7300 oc to 3,6
4890 vipor-x oc
4 Gb ram 800mhz
sorry i cant remember the name of my MB

thx for helping me
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hitachi samsung help
  1. Specs of black and F3 depend on the size of the hard drive....you can look at the charts here:http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/hard-drives,3.html
    As for performance difference...it depend on what you do....for every day tasks, you will not notice any difference. Well some may be...
  2. Go for Samsung Spinpoint F3...
    It rocks...
    Quiet & Fastest HDD available out there and Good VFM.
  3. Hi, is dificult say the % in preformance. The % depends of the use that you do of the HDD.

My votes goes in this order:

1- Samsung spinpoint F3
    2- WD Black, better if is a WD velociraptor
    3- Hitachi
  4. i use my computer for games, (gta4, crysis, lsot planet etc), i copy a lots of fiels to dvd, sometimes video editing
    will i notice any difference?
    thx
  5. Best answer
    nau4nik said:
    i use my computer for games, (gta4, crysis, lsot planet etc), i copy a lots of fiels to dvd, sometimes video editing
    will i notice any difference?
    thx

Yea, you will notice a little difference with the F3 or a velociraptor.
  6. Best answer selected by nau4nik.
  7. ty for helping me gays ;)
  8. Any time, that's what we're here for.
  9. You are always welcome buddy!
  10. you would notice the biggest difference with a 10000 rpm raptor drive, going from 7200rpm drive from the drive you have i doubt you will notice a difference in performance and it will be a waste of your money unless you need the storage space.

if your looking for a faster drive get a raptor if your looking for more space get whichever terrrabyte has the least bad customer reviews.

i have the caviar black 1tb drive and i was disappointed with its performance. i also have an old raptor 150gb, what i ended up doing is putting my os and games on the raptor and just using the black for storage.

but dont let anyone tell you that a 7200rpm drive is faster than a 10000rpm raptor. the only time i ever really notice a difference is going to a higher rpm drive. even though when you compare the black to the raptor and the black looks better in everything except access time, the raptor still is noticeablly faster.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Western Digital Hitachi Samsung Storage