Sign in with
Your question

Can't Type Anything!! Can't Open Anything Without Right Clicking!!

Last response: in Windows XP
January 31, 2011 3:15:56 AM

I was in the middle of working on my dell precision laptop and all of the sudden I couldn't type anything at all. Every time I hit anything on the keyboard I get an error noise like I'm doing something I'm not supposed to. If something was open, when I typed it would just open something in the task bar area. When I try to double click the icons on my desktop it opens the properties instead of actually opening the process. I can right click to open things but it doesn't matter because i can't type anything so I can't really do anything.

Some people have tried to tell me that the double clicking issue is just something that changed in my mouse properties but that's wrong. Nothing has changed, I even got it open to check. I can't even use the command prompt because there is absolutely no way for me to use the keyboard to type.

I'm currently using another computer to try and find a solution to what's going on. I have virus protection running to try and find the issue but I doubt it will. I can't download something new to help because I can't type anything in the search bars.

Somebody please help me find and delete whatever is causing this.

More about : type open clicking

a b 8 Security
January 31, 2011 5:47:18 AM

If the other computer you're using has a USB keyboard, plug that into the laptop and see if it behaves properly or borrow one for the purpose.

!