INTEL DP45SG

cmgx

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
I have a dp45sg with c2d e6850 along with adata ddr3 1333 ram. My power supply is 750 watts. The board powers up all the fans come on and there is no beeps... but no video output. I have 2 x1950pro I have tried both in each slot still no video. I took those cards out and put in an ati pci card... still no video.... sound like a the board is defective?

ceez

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
hi, i am having the same problem. purchased a barebones kit from tigerdirect with same intel board.

wanted to know if you solved the problem? I just got my board yesterday and I am not sure if it's the board or ram?

thanks,

ceez

cmgx

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
Intel said it that it was my ATI video cards or my memory. I was using ATI X1950 x2 and 2 x 4gb Adata 1333 DDR3 RAM. I argued with them and had my case escalated twice. The said I needed to use memory that was tested with the system, but they don't have 2gb modules on the list so I complained that the board can't perform as advertised and asked them to overnight me the DX38BT and they did, and it is working great. Good luck

cnc-wiz

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
I too bought a bare bones kit from TigerDirect with a Intel DP45SG motherboard and cannot make it work. Took out all of the memory, took out the vidoe card, disconnected all of the sata connectors. Fans power on fine but never get any beeps even without any memory on the board. Tried clearing CMOS with no luck. Is anyone else using OCZ memory?

I guess I will have to call Intel

rdt5875

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
Same issue here...I bought a barebones kit from tigerdirect.com and same thing as all of you above - power comes on, fans work, no beeping...nothing. From looking around on other sites, and from helper(s) here - YAY for them - it seems that the BIOS for this board is setup for 1.5 V memory...which I have purchased the 1.75 V OCZ Reaper...and this is apparently the culprit! I am waiting on a 1.5 V stick of RAM just to power it on and change settings.

Goodness Gracious...I hope this works! But, from the helper(s) on here...this should fix the issue(s).

Thanks!

scrumhalf

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004
rdt5875 is on the right track here. You need to get a 1.5V stick of DDR3 that will allow you to POST, then you must update the BIOS. This will allow performance RAM to work. The latest version of the BIOS is 108 I believe.

rdt5875

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
Hey...yeah, Scrumhalf is the one that told me - I take no credit for that posting what-so-ever... :)

I will post tomorrow if this does or does not work for me...but waaaaaaay too many people have told me that it would fix the issue...

Hope this works for you as well...

cnc-wiz

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
Two things to note about this motherboard. It does appear that only 1.5v DDR3 ram will work.

Another possibility if the board will not post, even without RAM installed, is that there is a third jumper on this board that is not mentioned in any of the Intel documentation I have seen for this board.

The header is labled SPI_CON. The jumper needs to be shorting the bottom two pins together for the board to post. Aparently this connector can be used for updating the BIOS from a Serial Peripheral Interface device but if you don't have this jumper in place the board will not post.

Hope this helps someone out there.

techtalk

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
Thanks for the reply. While setting up the board in the case, Accidently the jumper on SPI_CON came off and I had no clue where the jumper goes. I was having trouble posting without that jumper. After I put the jumper on the bottom two pins of SPI_CON, I finally heard the beep and saw something on the screen. But I see a lot of undecodable garbage on the screen and splash screen is all messed up. Whats going on ?

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I am on Intel BOXDp45sg + Qx9650 + Adata 2GB 1333 ...

cnc-wiz

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
It sounds to me like you have a video card problem, try a different video card and see if it helps. You could also contact Intel, I've always found them to be most helpful but they're only there Monday through Friday during the day.

Good Luck!!

mamw93

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
could be the jumpers... try that and if it doesn't work the clear the CMOS... if that doesn't work then the board is defective.

joanjoaosr

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
hey hello i was reading all the commets and the problem that you guys might be having is that you have connested the POWER LED in the wrong spot. check that there are two options the first one is at the area where all the other led connectors are and the other one is a little bit above that area, it has space for three little spikes to call it like that and it's says alternative power led, if you have it there and your pc is not booting up is because you have to use a diferent cable,choose one with only capacity for two spikes and you will find the right spot on the right side of the board; beneath the memory ram's slot you will see the southern shipset and next to it on the right too you will be able to see the place where every led goes connected just try, look for the right place because it has the name right there on the board. If you have done any changes since you stared the pc for the first time you should reset the bios just if you want to AND as i said if you have done any changes. i hope my letters were helpfull to you, good luck

joanjoaosr

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
that would be a cause, if your machine start normally tha fans works perfectly everything is fine and there is no beep? well then you should try what i just posted see ya

ParureticDave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Same problem, this is how I resolved it.
Prior to the problem, everything worked.
RAM was Kingston recommended, etc.
OS install no problem, running good.
Fiddled with the isolated sata port and problem began.

The sata port that isn't in the cluster of four others and is next to the battery has an undocumented jumper, SPI_CON. The jumper falls off when you fiddle with that sata port.

Replace the jumper on pin 1-2 and you get a memory missing warning (3 beeps) on boot attempt.
Unplug the PC, let it sit for about 10 minutes, boot again and it boots normal.

There are additional complicating issues.
The board stencil labels the sata ports DIFFERENTLY than the documentation.
sata0 and sata1 are reversed in the diagram, but correct on the motherboard.

Be sure you are connecting sata0 to your boot drive.
If you followed the documentation and connected them backwards, it won't boot.
If you have 2 drives in your system, you might not realize which one is actually sata0.

harpoon_lagoon

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009

further question about the esata port. i need to use an sata cdrom to load the os but then i want the os to boot from c: i plan an array with 3 1T's as my d: vol. so i will be using all the sata ports. which drive should get the esata? harpoon_lagoon pst@pst06.com

soone

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Hey guys.
I got some similar issue.
The pc was booting up properly for a week or so.
Then every time I start up, the power comes to every part but again no beep no video.

But the temporary solution I got is to remove the CMOS battery and place it back.

In the due course I already burnt a PSU (which I couldnt get a replacement nor a refund, now using Cooler master 500w). And replaced my CMOS battery.

Still no permanent relief. Yesterday talked to the the intel guy, told to update the BIOS firmware, still no solution.

One thing I could see from these many forum is that this board is having this problem from a long time. Did a big mistake choosing a cheaper board.