How to delete Palm Web Browser?

January 17, 2005 11:17:50 PM

If I've installed a different browser how can I delete the one that comes
installed? I tried dragging to the trash but it indicates that it is locked
in ROM?

Any suggestions?

Cheers!
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 9:19:07 AM

If it's in ROM it will depend on the Palm that you have. Some Palms, like
the Tungsten T3, have Flash ROM which can be erased with the proper program.
Other Palms do not have Flash ROM and therefore they cannot be modified.

See this site for more info http://www.brayder.com/products/jacksprat.html

Cheers
TC

"ncgirl" <nospam@thanks.net> wrote in message
news:o 3VGd.3881$K72.813868@twister.southeast.rr.com...
> If I've installed a different browser how can I delete the one that comes
> installed? I tried dragging to the trash but it indicates that it is
> locked in ROM?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Cheers!

Anonymous
January 19, 2005 1:40:14 PM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 06:19:07 GMT, "Tony Clark"
<curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> spewed:
>If it's in ROM it will depend on the Palm that you have. Some Palms, like
>the Tungsten T3, have Flash ROM which can be erased with the proper program.
>Other Palms do not have Flash ROM and therefore they cannot be modified.
>
>See this site for more info http://www.brayder.com/products/jacksprat.html

I would seriously SERIOUSLY think twice about jacksprat.
If you screw up your ROM, you can turn your Palm into a paperweight with
no way to fix it.
Only advisable on something you can afford to lose.
I'm not the only one who will say this either :)
I've had jacksprat (without even altering anything using it) crash my Palm
and require a hard reset toasting everything.
Very sketchy program.

>Cheers
>TC
>
>"ncgirl" <nospam@thanks.net> wrote in message
>news:o 3VGd.3881$K72.813868@twister.southeast.rr.com...
>> If I've installed a different browser how can I delete the one that comes
>> installed? I tried dragging to the trash but it indicates that it is
>> locked in ROM?
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Cheers!

For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
Yeah, it's really a real address :)
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 3:02:57 PM

I have used JackSprat, JackFlash

I have not had any problems, but I usually wait until all the bugs are fixed
for that specified PDA before using JackFlash. JackFlash does not support
all PDA, and keep watch on forums with people response concerning using it.

They have different ones for different PDA. There is a specific one for Sony
Clie NR70 that had to have a no stub version of JackSprat.

I used it for my Sony Clie NR70, and first step is to back everything on the
original ROM up and save it! It usually back up to the Memory Card, then
make a copy of it on to your computer. That way if you lose the card or if
it gets corrupted, you have a back-up from the computer available.

I even know you can get ROMS online from other users who have the same PDA
as you are.

HOWEVER... This program is not for novice or faint heart, it can be a
stressful thing to do.

If you have an old PDA laying around, use it on that for practice and
understanding on how it works, before migrating to the current PDA you have.
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 10:13:02 AM

Hi ncgirl!

"ncgirl" <nospam@thanks.net> wrote in
news:o 3VGd.3881$K72.813868@twister.southeast.rr.com:

> If I've installed a different browser how can I delete the one that
> comes installed? I tried dragging to the trash but it indicates that
> it is locked in ROM?
>
> Any suggestions?

The easiest is to just file it under the "Unfiled" category.

Or use Obfuscate from Pocket Science:

http://www.pocketscience.com.au/products.asp

Stine
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 6:31:20 AM

Thanks! I took the easy route and just filed it another category :)

Cheers.

!