New chipset/video driver problems

kylepfe

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2008
I have a big problem with a PC and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. I updated chipset drivers and video drivers on a PC and when it boots, the screens lose video signal after the windows load screen. I checked compatability on Nvidia's website before I updated, and I got the most recents updates available for the 570 SLI AMD chipset, and the 7850GX2 graphics card. I believe the computer is still working fine because I can hit the power button and it initiates shutdown and turns off still. The HDD LEDs still flash like it's thinking and working properly. When I restart in safe mode to attempt to revert to old drivers, I have no function with the mouse or keyboard at all. I get to the screen telling me I am in safe mode with Yes or No response to keep running in that mode, but I can't do anything.

I have tried to run a windows repair of the XP CD and it's not working for me. I have a raid set up where two hard drives mirror each other incase one fails. I have made a raid drive disk, but when ever prompted for it, the drivers fail to load. So i'm stuck. I can't do a system repair, and I can't reformat entirely because I can't lose the files currently on the hard drives, I can't see the screen in normal boot, and I can't use the mouse/keyboard in safemode.

Anyone have any ideas for me?